Supercharge Your Sermons Main Page
Constructing sermons is perhaps the most time consuming and difficult job for us preachers. But you can create a system that makes it easier. Just think about the profound ultimate benefit –
Unfortunately, most of the homiletic approaches emphasize what the text "SAID" versus what the text "SAYS" today…
Contructing sermons the traditional way provides good intellectual sermons, but they don’t automatically connect to the people. Making those traditional sermons connect to the people is very HARD!
Yes there are superstars who can do this every week, but for the rest of us. We need a system that has congregational understanding and interaction built right in.
I’ve personally constructed sermons for the last 20 years. I read the books and followed the examples. But then I got ahold of the Black Preaching Tradition and have never looked back. You can find more information on my homiletic approach at SoulPreaching.Com.
When I tell you that connecting a traditional sermon to the people is hard work, I’m speaking from experience.
Traditional Sermons require removing yourself from the presentation. Great preaching is truth through your personality. However, traditional sermons assume that who you are does not affect the sermonic construction. Paradoxically, after totally ignoring yourself thorughout the process, you are told to place yourself back in the process at presentation.
Traditional Sermons don’t worry about application until late in the process. We emphasize what the text said in the traditional approach. We spend much time trying to pull out what the text said. And then after determining what the text said, we attempt to apply the text today. But what if we don’t see the application? We either force it to apply or we simply forget about application and assume that intellectual stimulation is enough.
Traditional Sermons only appeal to the intellect. Human beings are made up of both an intellectual and emotivel dimensions. If that is the case, then why do we only preach to the intellect?
Traditional Sermons do not necessarily have behavioral change as the objective. Some sermons seem to only pass on knoweldge. Their only purpose is to inform. Other sermons seem to encourage enlightenment. However, truly great sermons do more than enlighten or inform, they actually push for change in the hearer.
Traditional Sermons include a continual battle to keep the people listening. OK, you have worked hard to come up with this sermon, but now you have to get it heard. So what do you do? You come up with gimicks to try to help people listen. Some literally yell their voice away or whoop a conclusion irrelevant to their sermon to get the people back on board. Is this what good preaching consists of?
A "Supercharged Sermon" (SS) consists of sermons that directly connect to the people becuase they connect to the preacher. The preacher spends time connecting to the text, "experience… Read more…
- Ho-oponopono – A Paz Começa por Voce
- Auras Guide
- #1 Paranormal Ghost Hunting Software
- Third Eye Help
- Free Hypnosis Lessons
- Spells For Money…The MOST Effective Money Spells!
- 21st Century Illuminati
- PsychicPowersMadeEasy.com – The Unleash Your Inner Psychic Course
- MP3 Hypnosis, Hypnosis Downloads and Free Hypnosis
- JB College of Accredited Learning – Reiki for horses handbook
- Read Akashic Records
- Fatima and Marian Apparitions
- Mode of Living
- Alchemy Meditations – Pineal Gland Activation Course – Fully Activate Your Third Eye/Pineal Gland In 14 Days Or Less
- masterthepowerofthemind.com — masterthepowerofthemind.com
- Subliminal Messages in Video
- Disguised Hypnosis
- Learn Stage Hypnosis – The Art of Stage Hypnosis
- Advanced Covert Hypnosis — Learn How To Hypnotize Anyone Secretly With Covert Hypnosis
- Memorize Bible Scripture – making it very easy to remember Bible
- Jesus: The Man and His Work by Wallace D. Wattles
- Join Main
- Make Your Visualizations A Reality
- Silva Home Study Courses Downloads, develop ESP and Mind Control
- Magic Spells For Love, Money, Power And More